CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
DISCOVER NEW ORLEANS
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
ISHIB invites all healthcare professionals and students to submit research abstracts concerning the treatment and prevention of hypertension and other disorders. Abstracts will be considered through a peer-review process for presentation at the ISHIB2008 scientific meeting. Authors from past conferences have assisted in an exchange of information critical to the global understanding of hypertension and chronic disorders as they relate to ethnic minority populations.
Abstracts may be submitted in any scientific discipline related to the health of ethnic minority populations and may represent either completed works or results of work in progress. Curriculum vitae of the principal author must be included with the abstract. Previously published or presented abstracts will not be considered.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTAL GUIDELINES
GRADING / PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
- 200-250 word count; tables and charts allowed, with reduced word count. Abstracts exceeding 250 words may be truncated.
- Organize the abstract by
- brief description of objectives;
- statement of the methods used;
- summary of results;
- Define all abbreviations the first time they appear in the abstract.
- Avoid formulas.
- Use only the generic names of drugs.
- Do not include references, credits, or mention of grant support.
- Write title of abstract and name of presenting author in all caps.
- Single space all typing; no space between title and body or between paragraphs.
- Indent each paragraph with a tab.
- Submit computer file of abstract. File must be in a PC-compatible format, preferably Microsoft Word or WordPerfect.
- Proofread the abstract carefully before submitting; abstracts are published in the conference syllabus and an Ethnicity & Disease supplement containing conference proceedings.
CONTACT INFORMATION/ COVER LETTER
- Abstracts will be scored by the ISHIB2008 Abstract Review Committee according to scientific merit, relevance to health of ethnic minority populations, and expertise of presentation.
- All accepted abstracts will be presented as posters at ISHIB2008. As determined by the review committee, exceptional work will be selected for moderated merit poster sessions or oral presentation.
- A presenting author is expected to attend the conference and present the abstract. Abstracts will not be considered without receipt of conference registration from the presenting author. Presenting author will receive early bird registration rate (lowest rate).
ABSTRACT SUBMITTAL DEADLINE
- Submit name of corresponding author. All correspondence, including acknowledgement of receipt, will be directed to the corresponding author.
- Include the following information for the corresponding/lead author: Name (first, middle, last); Degree; Title; Institution; Street Address; City; State; Country; Postal Code; Telephone (voice, fax, country code if outside of USA); Email.
- Cover letter should include key words describing the abstract; these will be used to guide selection of reviewers.
- Include the following statement and your signature in your submittal letter: "The author affirms that the material submitted has not been previously published or presented at any national or international meeting; any experimentation has been conducted according to a protocol approved by the institutional committee on ethics or, if no such committee exists, that it conforms with the principles of the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association (Clinical Research.14: 193, 1966). The undersigned also certifies that all authors named in the abstract have agreed to its submission for presentation at ISHIB2008: The 22nd Annual International Interdisciplinary Conference on Hypertension and Related Risk Factors in Ethnic Populations."
Abstracts must be received by May 31, 2008
Click here to download CALL FOR ABSTRACT BROCHURE
Click here to download ISHIB2008 POSTER GUIDELINES
Click here to download ISHIB2008 BLUE RIBBON GUIDELINES
Click here to submit your abstract electronically
FOR MORE INFORMATION: or TO SUBMIT VIA EMAIL: email@example.com